This is the Part 1 of the post: Making friends with TDD!
Here we will discuss the basic part where you’ll need to download and install Xcode and start a new project.
1. Install the Heavy Weight – Xcode!
Sorry for that! My sweet Xcode!
2. Open Xcode. Click on “Create a new Xcode project.”
3. Please continue with the Single View Application option. Make sure iOS application section is selected!
Click on Next, this will take you the next page where you are required to enter some values.
4. Enter the details of your choice, similar to what has been shown below.
A few points to keep in mind.
- Check the language to be used. Make sure it is Swift and not Objective-C.
- Check the Include Unit Tests and Include UI Tests check boxes.
Find a relevant area on your Mac to save this project and click on Create.
Voila! Here you have managed to install Xcode and create a new project.
Let’s head to the next part of this tutorial. Part 2: Getting our hands dirty with code!